Ever wonder what the difference is between an NPT (National Pipe Taper) and NPTF (National Pipe Taper Fuel) threads are? It’s not just the spelling.
They are both the same in many ways,
- both are used to carry fluids and gasses
- both have the same diameter, thread per inch combination, sizes, 1/16-27, 1/8-27, ¼-18, etc.
- both have an included thread angle of 60 degrees.
- both have a thread that tapers 3/4 per inch per foot or 1/16 per inch.
- both have flatted crest and roots
- both have the same pitch