North American Tool has a longstanding commitment to quality and service in the production of special taps. Since 1986, we have offered a complete line of made-to-order industrial, metal-cutting taps. Our state-of-the-art equipment, advanced computer systems and experienced associates allow us to manufacture the industry’s best tooling products, including a wide selection of special taps.
What Makes Special Taps Special?
Essentially, a special tap is a cutting tool that cuts internal threads and is manufactured with specifications that vary from standards defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Whether those variances are in diameter, thread combinations and/or blank dimensions, any tap that deviates from these standards is, by definition, a special tap.
Blank dimensions refer to the steel cylindrical blank from which a tap is manufactured. The manufacture of special taps may also vary from (U.S. or ANSI) standard tap design criteria as it regards thread form and geometry, number of pitches or threads per inch, or any number of design variables. These variables may include left-hand taps, piloted taps and interrupted thread taps, as well as special shank and drive dimensions. In addition, taps manufactured to METRIC DIN or ISO (International Organization of Standards) dimensions are typically considered special taps.
Special Taps Made to Meet Your Requirements
Manufacturing engineers will often specify special thread forms or thread tool designs to meet their design criteria, depending on the product being manufactured. North American Tool can manufacture special taps designed to precisely meet these customer requirements. We pride ourselves on our ability to meet – and exceed – the expectations of every customer. We know that, in most cases, special taps are required for highly specialized applications and, as a result, we adhere to a rigorous design and manufacturing process that ensures that every tap we produce meets the precise specifications outlined by our customers.
Materials and Special Taps
Special Taps Offered by North American Tool
- Special Threading Dies and Adapters
- Thread Plug and Ring Gages
- Cylindrical Plug and Ring Gages
- Solid Carbide Taps
- Carb-I-Sert® Carbide Insert Taps
- Solid Carbide Thread Mills, with programming support
- Polygon Thread Mills
- Coolant Fed Taps
- Conduit Thread ‘PG’ Series Taps
- Smart Cut® Tapping Fluid
- Blueprint Special Taps (made to customer specs.)
- Metric Taps
- DIN-dimensioned Standard Taps
- Cost Cutter® Combination Drill and Tap
- Stock TiN-Coated (Titanium Nitride) Taps
- Tru-Flo® Thread Forming Taps
- Pipe Taps
- Interrupted Thread Taps
- Acme/Trapezoidal/Buttress Taps
- Tandem Style Acme Taps
- Oversize Taps
- Screw Thread Insert (STI) Taps
- Extension and Pulley Taps
- Tap Extensions-for ANSI Standard Taps, for Coolant-Through ANSI Standard Taps, and for DIN (Metric) Standard Taps
- Vast selection of styles and types of taps