North American Tool Corporation has introduced a new line of standard solid carbide thread mills.
These thread mills feature a helical flute design and are manufactured from premium micro-grain carbide for increased life and improved thread quality in a variety of materials. Straight flute tools are available as specials.
The North American Tool thread mill line includes:
- General purpose thread mills in inch and metric sizes with bright finish or TiAlN coating;
- Coolant-through thread mills in inch and metric sizes with bright finish or TiAlN coating;
- NPT/NPTF pipe sizes with bright finish or TiAlN coating;
- Pipe sizes for Exotic materials with AlCrN coating;
- Pipe sizes for Aluminum with ZrN coating;
- Material-specific thread mills for Exotic materials with AlCrN in inch and metric sizes;
- Material-specific thread mills for Aluminum with ZrN coating in inch and metric sizes;
- Single profile (single plane) thread mills with bright and TiAlN coating for the versatility to create varying pitches with a single tool.
The new line of thread mills is available with standard sizes and features, but custom special tools can be manufactured to customer specifications.
“The demand for thread mills continues to increase,” states Phil Samuels, Director of Sales and Marketing at North American Tool. “Applications ranging from general manufacturing, to medical parts, to energy, to aerospace, and everything in between, are looking for the efficiency and increased productivity thread milling can offer over traditional tapping in some applications. Now, North American Tool can meet and exceed the demand for efficient threading with this new line of high performance carbide thread mills.”