North American Tool offers a full line of threading dies and adapters, which compliment their line of popular special and
full special taps.
While the process of cutting threads using a tap is called tapping, the process using a die is called threading. Both tools can be used to clean up a thread, which is called chasing.Accordingly, a tap is used to cut the female portion of a mating pair, and a threading die is used to cut the male portion. A die cuts a thread on a preformed cylindrical rod, which creates a male threaded piece, functioning like a bolt.
- Popular special round adjustable dies in sizes from #5-40 NC through 2"-20 NS with O.D.’s 13/16”, 1”,1-1/2”, 2”, 2-1/2”, 3”. Include pipe (NPT/NPS) sizes and Whitworth pipe full form (BSPT/BSPP) sizes.
- Metric sizes from M3 X 0.5 through M39 X 4.0 with O.D.’s 20.6mm, 25.4mm, 38.1mm, 50.8mm, 63.5mm, 76.2mm.
- Special round adjustable dies from #4 through 2"; and M3 through M48 (OD's from 1" through 3").
- Hex dies from 1/4" through 3-1/2" (including .969”-32 N-05 Locknut Hex Dies); Metric hex dies from M6 through M88.
- Round adapters and hex adapters are available.
- For full specials, consult North American Tool Customer Service Dept.