Application-Specific Blueprint Special Taps
North American Tool Corporation continues a commitment to quality and service by offering you a complete line of blueprint special taps - shipped fast!
Our experienced team of cutting tool specialists will provide design expertise or work from your blueprint specifications to manufacture reliable special taps that meet your exact specifications. We can do this in as few as seven days, depending on the specialty of design and quantity ordered.
There are, however, many tools which have special features requiring they be custom manufactured from bar steel, such as:
- Special Overall Lengths either in shank, thread length, or piloted
- Special Shank and Drive dimensions: Morse taper shanks, threaded, whistle-notch
- Special Flute Design - straight or spiral
- Holes - drilled, reamed, ground, cross, coolant-hole, through-hole
- Flats - notches, keyways, necks
- Tapered thread, including pipe taps;
- Tandem style
- Combination tools, to eliminate secondary or finish operations
- Reamer point / Drill point / Core Drill
- Special Forms & Angles - Acme, buttress, square thread, full form, modified Whitworth form, custom thread form
- Special steels available, in combination with numerous surface treatment possibilities, depending on application at hand