- Economical way to utilize the benefits of carbide with solid carbide cutting face inserts meticulously brazed to a H.S.S. tap body.
- High speed steel body absorbs excessive shock and offers the rigidity necessary to minimize carbide breakage or chipping.
- Ideal for high production runs, offering the capability to achieve higher speeds and feeds, with fewer tool changes.
- High performance tapping allows greater efficiencies in part throughput.
- Can also be used in conjunction with surface treatments for enhanced performance.
- Carb-I-Sert ® Taps are available in a wide range of sizes (inch and metric) in both straight and taper pipe threads.