Who We Are
North American Tool is a worldwide industry leader in special taps with a broad spectrum of premium quality threading tool products.
As a world class supplier of special taps, dies, and gages, North American Tool invests in the people, technology and processes to deliver high-quality specialized tools for all your needs. You can count on us for personalized service, quick response, and honest advice to help you find the right solution.
North American Tool is an ISO 9001:2008 registered manufacturer committed to creating top-quality cutting tools including special taps made of high speed steel (HSS), carbide, particle metal steel (PM) or high-speed steel ‘exotic’ (HSSE) to create the most durable cutting tool available so it can stand up to our customer’s demanding requirements.
State-of-the-art equipment and production processes; advanced computer systems and machining equipment; and knowledgeable, experienced Associates contribute to their unparalleled reputation as a world class supplier of industrial tooling products, including:
- Special Taps
- Special Threading Dies and Adapters
- Thread Plug and Ring Gages
- Cylindrical Plug & Ring Gages
- Solid Carbide Taps
- Carb-I-Sert® Carbide Insert Taps
- Solid Carbide Thread Mills, with programming support
- Coolant Fed Taps
- Conduit Thread ‘PG’ Series Taps
- Smart Cut® Tapping Fluid
- Blueprint Special Taps (made to customer specs.)
- Metric Taps
- DIN-dimensioned Standard Taps
- Cost Cutter® Combination Drill and Tap
- Stock TiN-Coated (Titanium Nitride) Taps
- Tru-Flo® Thread Forming Taps
- Pipe Taps
- Interrupted Thread Taps
- Acme/Trapezoidal/Buttress Taps
- Tandem Style Acme Taps
- Oversize Taps
- Screw Thread Insert (STI) Taps
- Extension and Pulley Taps
- Vast selection of styles and types of taps
- 24-Hour Shipment of Popular Special Taps
- 8-12 Day Shipment of Blueprint Special Taps from Bar Stock
Thread Tool Engineering Data
This section of our website is full of valuable technical information pertinent to threading tools, specifically taps. From tap identification markings to tap/drill sizes...and from surface treatment recommendations to a complete tap style guide, this is your one-stop resource for special tap engineering data on the web.